Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My $6.99 light fixture

Our house was built in 1999 so, it definatley has it's little things about it that feels "1999." This was one of those things: the big, flouresent light box over my kitchen island.


Within the past few months I have started to really not like it too much. It works, there's nothing wrong with it, it's just not too hip. So, on one of my many trips to Salvation Army I found this beauty:


It was sooo pretty, but one of the globes were cracked. So, I almost didn't buy it. I stood there forever and tried to decide whether or not to get it. It was priced at $8.99, which was still awesome, but I talked the manager down to $6.99. I know, not much difference but I would rather be out $6.99 than $8.99 if it didn't work, right? I know, I'm cheap. But I got it home and that weekend we put it up to see if it would work, AND....


It does!!!


Oh, I just love it so much! That one globe is still cracked but you can almost not even tell unless you really look at it. One day I'll replace it but for now I'm just enjoying this really sweet deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment