Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Breakfast Room Remodel

Ok, so last week I said I was going to post about our new breakfast room re-do that we did while we re-did the kitchen. Well, I finally got a chance to sit down and get some of the pictures together. Here is a before picture of our brown striped breakfast area:

Nice, huh? Well, we painted over the stripes just like in the kitchen area with SW Repose Grey and SW Black Fox, added some of my goodwill white plate collection to an empty wall, built some Ballad Designs inspired shelves, and went curtain shopping. After all of that here it is now:

Here are the shelves I built on the other wall that you can't see:

You can find out how to build these HERE. It was very easy, with my husbands help, of course! I actually had everything laying around in the garage and back yard, so it cost NOTHING! Then I just decorated with my collection of stuff from goodwill, hobby lobby, and my jute wrapped vase. I am excited that I can decorate these according to the season or holiday it is too. Cute!  
Here they are before I decorated them:


And once again here are the ugly stripes....

And here is our breakfast room now...

 And yes, I know the plates look like a smiley face, my daughter pointed that out to me. I still need to fix it but other than that I love my new breakfast room and kitchen. We were so blessed to be able to do this project on a tight budget. All it took was a little creativity, inspiration, and an ice storm that had us stuck in the house for a week. Hope you love it as much as I do!



Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment