Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Hot Pink and Zebra Stripe Dessert Buffet- Part One


My daughter turned 9 just a few days ago and for her birthday she wanted a zebra stripe and hot pink party. She also wanted her room re-done, which in a few weeks I hope I will be able to post about that! It's coming together very nicely. But for now, here is her party. We went for a pretty much all dessert party where I would not have to serve a meal, and the perfect time to do that would be 3:00, so that's what we did! All of her friends were invited to swim after we snacked, but it ended up started to rain. I still think it went well though! Here are some pictures of her party:


 The fudge I made turned out to be a hit. It was White Chocolate Cookies-n-Cream Fudge, here is the link for anyone interested: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/white-chocolate-cookies-n-cream-fudge-10000001923360/




 Instead of doing favors or goodie bags for this party I decided to lay out some treat bags for anyone to grab some leftover goodies and take them home, where I didn't have so much junk laying around staring at me for the next week. It was a win-win situation.
Here is a close up of the cake I made for her, the cake was one layer White Wedding and the other layer Paula Deen's Strawberry Cake and of course had White Butter Cream Icing. All of that was covered in Fondant accents. It turned out sooo cute! I think it is my favorite one yet!

I also had a drink table set up with some pink lemonade to match our theme:


The kids LOVED IT! My son ended up going so crazy with it, he knocked it over all over the floor! Gotta love those chaotic party moments with kids!


I am so bad about taking pictures during the party, I always get so busy talking and making sure everyone is happy. My mother-in-law got a few shots of the actual party, I'm hoping to share those soon! 

Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment